Trouble buildint php

Richard Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Mon Jan 31 00:09:44 UTC 2005

On 30 Jan 2005 at 11:15, Auke Kok wrote:

> Note that php doesn't link directly to readline but one of the
> dependencies does.
>
> which modules failed to recompile during your rebuild?

This turns out to be mysql that is causing the problem. Thanks.

> > 'lin cpio' gives:
> >
> > config.status: creating po/Makefile
> > config.status: executing tests/atconfig commands
> > make: *** No rule to make target `cpio'.  Stop.
> > Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/cpio-2.6.bz2
> > ! Problem detected during BUILD
>
> *shrug* no idea

This is caused by having mt-st installed. with mt-st installed,
the make line from BUILD is invalid. lrm mt-st, lin cpio, lin mt-
st works for now.

> > 'lin lunar-tools' gives:

> okay the website was unavailable for a second or your network down. I
> assure you the file is there. (did you do something nasty to our server?)

This was a failure on the firewall. My stupidity.

> > # updatedb
> > # locate libhistory
>
> ah yes please don't use 'locate' but something that actually looks at
> the filesystem while you are testing/debugging. Locate shows you files
> that were around last night, not now ;^)

That is why I did the updatedb just before it :-)

> > The other thing that is strange is that 'lin mysql' errors after
> > it has built and installed:
> >
> > 4.1.9/old.libraries/libmysqlclient.so.14.0.0"
> > Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/mysql-4.1.9.bz2
> > Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
> > Creating /var/log/lunar/install/mysql-4.1.9
> > Creating /var/log/lunar/md5sum/mysql-4.1.9
> > Creating /var/cache/lunar/mysql-4.1.9-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2
> > + updating lunar state files after module installation
> > + module size is 16412KB
> > + removing installwatch file
> > + destroying building dir "/usr/src/mysql-4.1.9"
> > ! Problem detected

I'm still trying to find this one. I have spent several hour
already trying to find what is wrong. The only error message I
can find it the one at the end where lin gives the "Problem
detected". I'll have to keep digging.

> btw this could be the reason php still is linked against readline.4....
> weird tho. No idea yet.

Yup, that was it.

Thanks again for the help.

--Richard