linux-2.6 with -as patchset?

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jan 27 12:31:34 UTC 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:02:32 +0100
Chris <sums3l at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what is this -as patchset linux-2.6 is using? Shouldn't this be the
> 2.6-vanilla module?

As the 2.6.x branch is still the so called 'bleeding-edge' of the linux
kernel (since Linus refuses to split of a 'stable' branch as he thinks
that the patchwork should be done by the distributors instead of him and
the kernel developers (which is a very lame excuse)) I took matters into
my own hands and added the AS patchset as the hardcoded default to the
kernel. It's not adding any configurable options to the kernel menu but
addresses a huge list of security related issues and bugs.

If you think that this is not a good option I might consider putting in
a CONFIGURE step to ask wether the patch should be applied or not.

Regards,

Moritz