building qcad

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Jan 19 09:56:53 UTC 2005

Steven Michalske wrote:

>On Sunday 16 January 2005 10:57 am, Dennis Veatch wrote:
>

>>Just a side note I quess. Not sure if it's a bug or what. Was running "lin
>>qcad" via screen and it kept failing the build when it got to qcadlib part.
>>So I killed screen and ran "lin qcad" with plain old ssh and it finally got
>>past qcadlib.
>>
>>So I'm quessing it's something to do with the defaults of screen, though no
>>clue what to look at.
>>
>>Anyone else has this sort of problem with screen?
>>

>i sometimes have problems with screen not having a login shell

screen by default doesn't start a login shell (yes... it makes the same
mistake as xterm/aterm/etc to assume that people always run batch jobs
in screen sessions).

to fix this: do something like:

cat >> .bashrc <<EOF
if [ -n "$TERM" ]; then
    . ~/.bash_profile
fi
EOF

that will force a login shell for almost all relevant cases.

sofar