problems with libxfce4.so.3 ?

Alex Hunsaker badalex at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 22:18:05 UTC 2005

it looks to me as though that may not be a 'login' shell meaning the
bash profile stuff in /etc/profile.d/xfce4.rc does not get run. try
doing

PATH=$PATH:/opt/lunar/xfce4/bin
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/lunar/xfce4/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

export PATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH

(course on second thought if you can run xfce4-session it probably
means that stuff gets run because its in your path)

you may also want to add /opt/lunar/xfce4/lib/ to /etc/ld.so.conf and
rerunning ldconfig

i dunno just a few thoughts

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:14:11 +0000, Julius Donnert <caesar_bs at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> i got some strange problem regarding xfce. i just wanted to install and
> start mousepad, those xfce port of leafpad. i get :
>
> mousepad: error while loading shared libraries: libxfcegui4.so.3:
>
> i also get such an error when i start xfce-session. i always had this
> problem with the session manager:
>
> bash-3.00$xfce4-session
> xfce4-session:error while loading shared libraries: libxfcegui4.so.3:
>
>  so i always started xfce-panel etc. by "hand" in .xinitrc which works
> fine.
> locate libxfcegui4 gives
>
> /opt/lunar/xfce4/lib/libxfcegui4.so.3
> /opt/lunar/xfce4/lib/libxfcegui4.so.3.0.3
>
> so  its def. there... can someone help ? i would really like to give
> mousepad a try.
>
> thanks
>
> julius

flock $java,$!;