I surrender

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Fri Apr 29 11:40:44 UTC 2005

Hey!

The problem with KDE is most likely due to wrong permission on the
directory /tmp/.ICE-unix, make sure the owner:group is root:root
(at least for the second time you tried when it restart at
"initializing peripheral"). After that try logging in again and I'm sure
it will work.

The behavior of .ICE-unix was changed with XOrg 6.8.2 messing it all up.

Sincerely
Stefan Wold