Some modules show problem detected

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Apr 20 13:40:14 UTC 2005

Dennis Veatch wrote:

>I have noticed when lining some modules at the end, after the lin is completed
>it says it detected a problem, like this one;
>
>make[1]: Leaving directory
>`/usr/src/gcc-3.3.3/BUILD/i686-pc-linux-gnu/boehm-gc'
>WARNING: BUILD does not call prepare_install or installs zero files!
>+ Installing default documentation to: /usr/share/doc/gcc/README
>+ Installing default documentation to: /usr/share/doc/gcc/README.SCO
>+ Installing default documentation to: /usr/share/doc/gcc/INSTALL
>+ Installing default documentation to: /usr/share/doc/gcc/FAQ
>+ Installing default documentation to: /usr/share/doc/gcc/ChangeLog
>Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/gcc-3.3.3.bz2
>Creating /var/log/lunar/install/gcc-3.3.3
>Creating /var/log/lunar/md5sum/gcc-3.3.3
>+ updating lunar state files after module installation
>+ module size is 176KB
>+ destroying building dir "/usr/src/gcc-3.3.3"
>+ removing installwatch file
>+ destroying building dir "/usr/src/gcc-3.3.3"
>! Problem detected
>

>Is this a cosmetic thing?

only for some modules, like the -profile modules. In the case of gcc I
suspect something broke during your compile, or (????). I can't see this
behaviour myself anywhere with gcc and the BUILD actually is conform
requirements. (hint: 'prepare_install' is required to be called from
BUILD files -> lvu BUILD gcc)

sofar