Laptop + pcmcia + WiFi

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sun Sep 19 21:04:56 UTC 2004

Richard Pyne wrote:

>Does anyone have any pointers on installing Lunar on a laptop
>that can only access the net through a pcmcia card (preferably
>WiFi)?
>
>I built the kernel with pcmcia support and the driver for my
>WiFi card, but that is as far as I can get. The card does not
>start and the ethernet driver doesn't initialize.
>
>Thanks for any help.

check that your cardmgr knows that your card indent matches with the
proper driver (nose around in /etc/pcmcia and 'cardctl ident/info'
etc...). You can basically *link* any driver to any card that way
(including alternative drivers like hostap (the best IMO) and wlan-ng or
the kernel ones (good too of course).

if you get the pcmcia "bip BEEEP" sound you need to look into this...

sofar