new module

Benoit Valiron bvali087 at uottawa.ca
Fri Oct 22 14:41:06 UTC 2004

> I like gv, too - thanks. I tried it and found a minor bug. Xaw3D
> installs one file to /usr/local/lib/libXaw3d.so.7.0 and gv dies with
> "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXaw3d" because /usr/local is not in my
> ld.so.conf
>
> I symlinked to libXaw3d.so like that:
>
> root at lion /usr/lib # ln -s /usr/local/lib/libXaw3d.so.7.0
> root at lion /usr/lib # ln -s /usr/local/lib/libXaw3d.so.7.0 libXaw3d.so
>
> You may change the --prefix=/usr like all the other lunar stuff.

Right, here are two new tarballs : Xaw3d should now create symlinks to
libXaw3d.so, libXaw3d.so.6 and libXaw3d.so.7 (it appears that the two
last ones may be usefull in some cases, google said to me). It will
install itself in the /usr/X11R6/lib directory : the include files are
in /usr/X11R6/include, so I thought that would make sense.

In the new tarball, gv should install itself in /usr/*.

Tell me if it's not working :)

-- ben