optimizations

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon Oct 18 08:43:46 UTC 2004

just as a reference, I have done some intensive scripting in the past of
performance-testing and benchmarking with povray, so if you're interested
in increasing computational speed, you might want to read:

  http://lunar-linux.org/?q=node/view/289

PS surprisingly, on my P4 the winning optimization is

  "-O3 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4"

makes you think again about all those dangerous flags, doesn't it ? :^)

sofar