Disk Space and Partitions

Remco Lubbers remsys at linux-adept.nl
Sun Nov 28 18:02:06 UTC 2004

Hi There,

Op Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:59:50 -0600 schreef Erick aan Lunar general discussion
list <lunar at lunar-linux.org>:

> 1) When I added my FAT 32 and NTFS drives to Fstab they are not being
> mounted on boot.  Does lunar use /dev/discs/discX/partX rather than
> /dev/hdaX in the Fstab?

Well, your partitions need to be mounted before other tings start happening,
but on the other hand, you eth0 needs to be activated before remote drives can
be mounted......
that's why /etc/init.d/netmount is there ;-)

a simple "chkconfig --add netmount" might solve your problem :D

> 2) Do zip drives still need to be manually mounted? (eg, mnt /dev/sda4
> /media/zip)

Depends on wether or not a disk is in, so probably: yes.

> 3) /var is using 42% of my lunar root partition (failed installs?).  Is
> there a command that can be used to clean up /var/spool?

At you own risk: rm -R /var/spool/*.*

But you'd wanne have a closer look before doing that ...

Cheers!

Remco