init.d/udev

Chris sums3l at yahoo.de
Wed Nov 24 18:42:06 UTC 2004

Jaime Buffery wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:01:46PM +0100, Chris wrote:
>
>>There is also /sbin/udevstart which you can use to create your nodes.
>

> root at Himawari ~ # ls -l `which udevstart`
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 10 2004-11-21 19:53 /sbin/udevstart -> /sbin/udev
> :)
>
>>hth,
>>Chris :)
>
> Ciao,
> nestu ;)

Oops, didn't know that. Seems to be new since v031 :D

Well, what I wanted to say is that on my setup I simply run
/sbin/udevstart after /proc and /sys are mounted. This takes care of
everything, so no init.d/udev script is run/needed. I never had any
problems running udev on /dev doing that.

Greetings,
Chris