udev and sound device

Couannette couannette at free.fr
Tue Nov 23 07:21:53 UTC 2004

I've seen many trouble with this: the key is in modprobe.conf.
I'm not satisfied with mine but here it is (it should work for alsa):

alias agpgart off
alias char-major-14 sound-slot-0
alias char-major-116 sound-slot-0
alias /dev/dsp sound-slot-0
alias /dev/mixer sound-slot-0
alias /dev/aload* sound-slot-0
alias char-major-116 sound-slot-0
install sound-slot-0 /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install snd-intel8x0
&& { /sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss; /sbin/modprobe snd-mixer-oss; /usr/sbin/alsactl
restore 0; /bin/true; }
install snd_pcm /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install snd_pcm && {
/sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss; /sbin/modprobe snd-mixer-oss; /usr/sbin/alsactl
restore 0; /bin/true; }
remove sound-slot-0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0; /bin/true; }
alias intel_mch_agp off
#install pwc /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install pwcx && /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install pwc
alias /dev/nvidia*   nvidia

Couannette