2.4.28 test kernel modules
sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Nov 19 14:54:15 UTC 2004
here's the second release of the 2.4.28 testing kernel modules. The
first release was amongst devs but I think more people will want to look
into this. Please note that these are TEST kernels only. Do not update
them on important machines yada yada yada.
- 2.4.28 kernel
- grsecurity patchset is from 2.4.28rc3
- uses linux-2.X[-ext] naming scheme
- changed bootloader questions, now possible to use both lilo and grub
- slightly modified extensions and naming
- each kernel builds in it's separate source tree (and thus you will get
4 complete kernel sources in /usr/src if you install all of them)
- grsec PAX for legacy ELF broken (but this is obsolete anyway)
- missing aggressinve patchset
FYI I have booted succesfully and are running several of these kernels
(grsec, stable, normal) already.
please help out testing these kernels if you have the time and a box to
spare. Let us know if you spot any issues.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3657 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lunar-linux.org/pipermail/lunar/attachments/20041119/58fa3ad5/linux-2.4-test2.tar.bin
More information about the Lunar