2.4.28 test kernel modules

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Nov 19 14:54:15 UTC 2004

Hi all,

here's the second release of the 2.4.28 testing kernel modules. The
first release was amongst devs but I think more people will want to look
into this. Please note that these are TEST kernels only. Do not update
them on important machines yada yada yada.

includes:

* linux-2.4
* linux-2.4-stable
* linux-2.4-vanilla
* linux-2.4-grsec

changes:

- 2.4.28 kernel
- grsecurity patchset is from 2.4.28rc3
- uses linux-2.X[-ext] naming scheme
- changed bootloader questions, now possible to use both lilo and grub
or neither
- slightly modified extensions and naming
- each kernel builds in it's separate source tree (and thus you will get
4 complete kernel sources in /usr/src if you install all of them)

known issues:

- grsec PAX for legacy ELF broken (but this is obsolete anyway)
- missing aggressinve patchset

FYI I have booted succesfully and are running several of these kernels
(grsec, stable, normal) already.

please help out testing these kernels if you have the time and a box to
spare. Let us know if you spot any issues.

sofar