Request for new module slmodem

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Mon Nov 15 23:03:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:42:46 +0100
Bernd Kosmahl <spam at famkos.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to see slmodem drivers in the moonbase. The driver supports the
> following modems:
>
> Riser: HAMR5600, SmartRiser56, SmartRiser561 - CNR/ACR/MDC/MiniPCI
> PCI: SmartPCI56, SmartPCI561, SmartPCI562, SmartPCI563, SmartLAN56
> USB: SmartUSB56

> SRC: http://www.smlink.com/main/down/slmodem-2.9.10.tar.gz
>
> I tried the driver and everything looks good for me using my internal
> laptop modem (sis-chipset, linux 2.4.27):
>
> slamr: SmartLink AMRMO modem.
> slamr: probe 1039:7013 SiS630 card...
> slamr: mc97 codec is SIL21
> slamr: slamr0 is SiS630 card.

Gören Krampe
(also known as the author of http://www.bluefish.se/aquarium/lunar.html)
has written such a module (and several other non-free ones). Jon South
(to most of us known as 'Striker') put up a site not long ago featuring
several 'non-free' lunar linux modules which you were able to fetch from
the site and drop them into your zlocal directory.
Unfortunatly the site went down due to 'unscheduled maintenance' ;^)
But Jon promised me to bring it back online by the next weekend. I'm sure
he'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Moritz