XOrg-test

Ranitha Mapatuna ranitha at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 8 22:58:09 UTC 2004

Hey,
	I updated the BUILD file for XOrg-test. I have removed some of the
#defines added to host.def as they were the same as the defaults. The
only 'majoe' change is changing #define InstallFontconfigLibrary YES" to
NO. I don't know why it was originally YES but it seems counter
intuitive to have two versions of the fontconfig libraries floating
around. It also caused compile errors for me with errors to the effect
of cannot find /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.la. This can be 'fixed' by
linking /usr/lib/libfontconfig.la to /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.la but
they will diverge in version numbers sooner or later and might cause
problems.

	I also suggest, if this change is made, that once you install
XOrg-test, you visit your /usr/lib dir and find out if any .la files
refer to the version of fontconfig that used to be installed
in /usr/X11R6/lib

for lib in `grep -lr "/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.la" *.la`; do
	lvu from $lib | cut -d '-' -f1;
done

SHOULD work when done in /usr/lib. re lining those modules should get
rid of the incorrect path for fc

Regards,
	Ranitha