detected lin lock file

Chad Kittel vertigo at wi.rr.com
Sat May 1 13:39:43 GMT 2004

On Saturday 01 May 2004 13:07, Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > Oh boy, this is back. lunar update today.
> >
> > detected lin lock file: /var/lock/installing.perl
> > Now waiting for perl to finish installing or for the lock to clear.
> >
> > It's also happened with guile and a couple of others I don't remember, or
> > was it sip? I forget. Anyway, its that sleep thing happening again.
>
> are you using lunar or theedge? can you paste the output of lin -vd XXXX
>   (the last few lines)? Is it the latest theedge or an older version?

theedge: 20040501

My issue was that it was using a bad lunar cache mirror... If this changed was
made, it was never forced on my box.

 http://www.sleepycat.com/update/snapshot/db-3.3.11.tar.gz"
- --13:21:34--  http://www.sleepycat.com/update/snapshot/db-3.3.11.tar.gz
           => `db-3.3.11.tar.gz'
Resolving www.sleepycat.com... 161.58.1.253
Connecting to www.sleepycat.com[161.58.1.253]:80... connected.
13:21:34 ERROR 404: Not Found.

[ FUZZY SEARCHES]

http://cache.lunar-linux.com/lunar/cache/db-3.3.11.tar.gz"
- --13:21:34--  http://cache.lunar-linux.com/lunar/cache/db-3.3.11.tar.gz
           => `db-3.3.11.tar.gz'
Resolving cache.lunar-linux.com... failed: Host not found.

Why it was recursing and attempting to install db (failing) then perl
(sucessful) then db (failing) then perl (sucessful).... I still do not know

Anyhow, updating the core-tools to point to the new cache worked, file was
still not found on sleepycat.

- - v3rt1g0

- --
Chad R. Kittel
 E-Mail: vertigo at wi.rr.com
 Running: Lunar-Linux (kernel: 2.6.6-rc3-mm1)

Boren's Laws:
	(1) When in charge, ponder.
	(2) When in trouble, delegate.
	(3) When in doubt, mumble.