Mandatory format for doc's!

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Sat Mar 27 17:13:36 GMT 2004

csm at Lunar-Linux.org wrote:
> Okay gang here's the deal...

Gang as in Mafia? :^)

> The doc's need to end up in docbook format but it seems to me that
> requiring everybody to create docbook would not work as not enough people
> know it. So... what we're going to do is focus on the content... not the
> format... once we have the content we can format it afterward.
>
> So what needs to happen is everyone must submit their documentation in
> plain old unix text format.

<quote who="Chuck">okees</quote>
I'm using a column width of 72 for my doc. FYI, if you don't
know how set your favorite ${EDITOR} max width, you can
reformat using "cat mydoc.txt | fmt -w 72", for example, to
see echoed to the term (well, man fmt ;) No, I'm not setting
${DEITY}, just thought it might be useful for you ppl :þ
If we keep the .txt's handy, not just only use them for
other formats, can we keep a width standard, say at 72 columns?

> Then either I or evildrew can format it afterward.
Only you? ;)

TIA,
nestu ;)))))
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)