What's /dev/dspW ?

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Mar 19 17:37:35 GMT 2004

On Friday 19 March 2004 05:38 pm, nestu wrote:
> Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > Working on sound and noticed there is no /dev/dsp, rather there is
> > a /dev/dspW. Is this a typo somewhere?
>
> google "/dev/dspW" will answer your question. I did that
> search, and clicked randomly on a link:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-french/1999/debian-french-199904/msg00080.ht
>ml. ...
> nestu.

Hmmm, I would have googled but this is the first time I have ever seen
(noticed) such a device and typo immediately came to mind.  Now I know.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."