Gpm question

Jon South striker at lunar-linux.org
Wed Mar 17 10:52:19 GMT 2004

David Barron wrote:
> I've got gpm loading at startup and I'm getting an error:
>
> Starting gpm: [PID] gpm: oops() invoked from gpn.c(257)
> Gpm already running as pid 522: No such file or directory
>
> Funny thing is, gpm seems to work fine.  So while it's failing to load it's still loading.  How's that for weird?
>
> Any ideas what's causing it?

I had actually looked into this several months ago and found out that
the init script is trying to launch gpm twice. I think I had a fix for
it before, I'll see if I cant dig it up sometime today.

-Striker

--
The system requirements said "Windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux.

v1sw6CUhw5ln4pr5ck4ma6/7u8Lw3Tm5l6+8GOa21s6Mr2e5+7t5/6TNDVESLFRXMb3Hp0en6/7g9ASTHCNMP
www.hackerkey.com

Registered Linux User: 332618
<http://striker.interhact.net/striker.asc>