Serious problem with kernel update

Hendrik Visage hvisage at envisage.co.za
Mon Mar 8 10:13:34 GMT 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 05:35:48PM -0700, Richard B. Pyne wrote:
> There is a VERY SERIOUS problem with kernel updates, which I
> have brought up in the past and I thought had been fixed!
>
> NEVER, under ANY circumstances should a lin of a kernel remove
> the current (or any other) image from the boot directory!!!!!

Somewhere out there, there were an option/file that had a list of directories
to ignore when it does it's "packaging"/etc. run from the installwatch files.

Perhaps just add /boot to it...

Something else that might be considered, would be a date/time/number
stamping for the kernels, ie. lin kernel would start with image
vmlinuz-2.4.xy-Lunar-a.b.c-1, then the next lin kernel would create
vmlinuz-2.4.xy-Lunar-a.b.c-2 etc. etc.