In the service of Aunt Tillie -- Zero-configuration networking (fwd)

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 18:33:56 GMT 2004

You'll have to figure a way to allow the IP addresses to be changed. AFAIK, it
defaults to 169.something.something.something. It also puts 127.0.0.1 as the
primary nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf, even though I used my ISP's DNS
servers.

Mandrake forces it and zcip during the install. I don't like it as I use fixed
IP's. I suppose it could be useful if using dynamic but then why not use
dhcp.

Everytime I have installed Mandrake I delete the crap for reasons stated
above.

YMMV.
--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."