Networking script status

Steven Michalske hardkrash at lunar-linux.org
Mon Mar 1 22:53:51 GMT 2004

Hello folks,

I am going to be starting a rework of the networking scripts to include more
features and correct some routing bugs.

please add any bugs and feature requests to the bug tracker,  this is how i
will process fixing the bugs and so i will know who i need to send scripts to
to have tested in a real situation.

I get off of school in 2 weeks and I will start looking at the scripts.
oldest bugs will get the highest priority followed by feature requests.

Features planned in this fix up
(excluding current bugtracker results)

wvlan support
adding of prisim 54 support
adding support for amtel wireless cards
(Please report others that you know of)

mactab support,  (naming of your interfaces)
improved internet connection detection for lunar core utils
	(prefered connections, bandwidth limits on specific connections, and
requests )

improved profile support,  fix glitches in switching of profiles
boot time profile switching, i rember a method for this with kernel support
and boot args

improved routing support
    -per interface support
    -default gateway either overall or per interface support, (priority based)

perhaps interface based iptables rules,  bring up this device and apply this
rule set.

other ideas welcome

hardkrash