ssh problems

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Mon Mar 1 07:36:44 GMT 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 03:20 am, Hendrik Visage wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 07:55:12AM -0500, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > Mandrake Cooker box - openssh-3.6.1p2-12mdk
> > 2 Lunar boxes - openssh 3.8p1
> >
> > Mandrake box cannot ssh to either lunar box. It asks for password, enter
> > it and then it just sits there. Cannot kill it. Have to kill the process
> > at the lunar box. However, sftp to a lunar box works just fine.
>
> Check the login->bash setup on the "serverside".
> Several times I've seen this, was related to quota, NFS mounts etc.
> causing hangups in /etc/profile or friends.

Got it, #lunar folks helped figure it out - forgot to uncomment ptys in fstab.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."