linux-beta (2.6.7)

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Tue Jun 29 12:28:50 GMT 2004

With linux-beta I had no network connection, couldn't ping anyone outside the
box though localhost and the NIC could be pinged and ifconfig/netstat showed
everyone was there for the party.

What fixed it was compiling the driver (3c59x) into the kernel. This is the
first time I've encountered this sort of problem and have no idea why 2.6.7
has to be this way since the last several incarnations of 2.6.7 worked with
it as a module. Couldn't find anything in the logs under either scenario to
suggest a troubleshooting path.

Is this a bug in the kernel or Lunar?