changed behaviour lunar rebuild

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Jun 25 09:20:14 GMT 2004

some important things in this so please read:

Remco Lubbers wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I just did a "lunar rebuild" on a freshly installed system, and a few things
>caught my attention, because they were different from all the previous
>installations i did:
>
>- after the rebuild network and sshd were removed from the runlevels,
>  which is rather awkward on a remote system if one is used to rebooting
>  immediately after the rebuild. Of course I should have checked before
>  rebooting, but I didn't ;-)
>  Is there a reason for this change? The only thing left in the runlevels
>  is the crondeamon.

Lunar tracks init.d daemons and remembers their state. It sometimes has
a little trouble on the first time asking if you want a daemon started
or not. In such a case, it 'remember' that you didn't want the daemon
started on boot. If you manually do a chkconfig --add later, lunar will
override that choice for you.

this is a problem with lunar and requires some more sophisticated logic
that reads the "/etc/lunar/local/depends/$MODULE" file a bit better or
allows you to switch these options manually later. I'll need to work on
that.

for now you should 'lin -r' the module and make sure you set it to
'start at boot' in order to have lunar remember your choice

>- I use linux-stable (v 2.4.26 right now) and choose that right at the
>  install. During rebuild, I saw that the kernel "linux" (lunar version,
>  couldn't tell wether or not the aggressive patchset was applied) was
>  compiled. The logs also state this, but the kernel doesn't get applied
>  to lilo though.Had to do that manually.

no idea, anyone?

>- after the rebuild, a directory is "left" in /usr/src/: PaxHeaders.13119,
>  in which the file curl-7.12.0 resides, stating:
>  30 atime=1086167049.298139104
>  30 ctime=1086167049.298139104
>  Curl-7.12.0 got rebuild fine though (according to the logs) and works.
>  Is there another reason why this is to be found here?

no idea as well, anyone besides me? this is not a lunar thing I think...
are you running grsec with acl's ?

sofar