fglrx + 2.6 + XOrg = true!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Jun 24 09:07:13 GMT 2004

Hi all!

cmak_ at t-online.de (Jan Eidtmann) wrote:
[SNIP]
> this is old news and a patched module has been done already. :)
> (just read this ML and what have been posted on friday last week)

Oh! I just joined the list and hadn't scanned the archive. :)
I did notice the thread called "fglrx" in which people mention a few
things.

Anyway, looking at your patch from friday now and your patch fixes the
page->count issue (exact same patch I found on the net) in fglrx.

But there are two more problems that I fixed:

1. Making the fglrx make.sh NOT mistakenly detect SMP. I have no idea
why it did so on my laptop (Pentium-M) but at one place it greps for
"smp" in /proc/kallsyms and if it has more than 10 hits it considers it
an SMP box. :) Well, not sure how to patch that "correctly".

2. The code in XOrg needs to be patched in the same manner as fglrx,
namely files drm_vm.h and ati_pcigart.h. Otherwise I couldn't get hw
acceleration to work.

I will post my patches later today, getting it onto the list involves
trickery with a USB stick etc, because I haven't gotten my softodem to
work yet in the Lunar machine :).

regards, Göran