[philipl@mail.utexas.edu: [Galeon-user] Galeon 1.3.15 Released!]

Hendrik Visage hvisage at envisage.co.za
Tue Jun 1 08:12:06 GMT 2004

Just short one for those liking galeon + GTK 2.4 ;^)

----- Forwarded message from Philip Langdale <philipl at mail.utexas.edu> -----

From: Philip Langdale <philipl at mail.utexas.edu>
To: galeon-devel <galeon-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>,
 galeon-user at lists.sourceforge.net,
 galeon-announce at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Galeon-user] Galeon 1.3.15 Released!
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:57:35 -0700

As promised, here's the first gtk+ 2.4 based release. We also made a
bunch of other updates - the most significant of which is a serious
overhaul of the downloading subsystem - most significantly meaning it
doesn't crash all the time :-) In the feature restoration department, we
see the return of the off-line mode and user stylesheets.

We're well on track towards a 1.4.0 release with most of the feature
items we were shooting for implemented. Can't promise when it's going to
happen, but we're closer than we were. :-)

Changelog:

    * Works with Mozilla 1.4 through 1.7rc2 and trunk
    * Requires gtk+ 2.4
    * Major download re-write:
          o Much improved robustness; lots of crashes fixed
          o Improved filename generation when saving pages
          o Pages generated by a POST correctly saved
    * Restored offline mode
    * Restored ability to block cookie sites when removing cookies
    * Improved layout of personal data manager
    * Added context menu to links in page info dialog
    * Added image save button to page info dialog
    * Always show the menubar when F10 is pressed
    * Use more stock icons from the current icon theme
    * Implement user stylesheet support (put them in ~/.galeon/stylesheets)

Enjoy!

--phil