Doxygen dependency fix

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 18:01:13 GMT 2004

No that is NOT what optional_depends are for.  optional_depends are for features
that the original source code authors intend for optional features as in

./configure --with-feature

And Python gets a capital P because its source code is named by their project
as Python-2.3.4.tar.bz2 (and not python-2.3.4.tar.bz2).

Try to understand how Makefiles work.  Since doc/language.doc is distributed as
part of the authors source tarball, it will NEVER be recreated during a
lunar install/compile cycle, so Python will NEVER be used during a "lin doxygen".

Hopefully this log snippet from /var/log/lunar/activity will finally end all
this discussion about Python and doxygen:

20040726-17:49:44       lrm     Python  2.3.4   success
20040726-17:52:34       lrm     doxygen 1.3.8   success
20040726-17:52:36       lin     doxygen 1.3.8   success

The above log CLEARLY shows Python is not installed on my lunar box and that doxygen
compiles and installs correctly without Python.  The doxygen authors make NO
requirements that Python be installed for doxygen to compile and install correctly.

If for some reason you are compiling doxygen on a lunar box withOUT using the
lunar coretools and you feel the need to regenerate the *.doc files then you should
be smart enough to install Python yourself.

Now end this Python & doxygen thread and find a real problem that needs fixing
in moonbase.

Terry Chan