Sexyboy

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Sun Jul 4 15:15:53 GMT 2004

The base install went fine. I see some fore thought added "grub prompt" while
installing, nice. Turns out I did not need it as the system rebooted without
a problem.

Now a question about rebuilding and such now that Sexyboy defaults with 2.6.6.
As outlined in http://lunar-linux.org/?q=node/view/24 it specifies the order
packages should be rebuilt, does this still apply? Not knowing, I decided to
skip lunar rebuild. lunar update and jump straight to what was outlined. What
prompted me to do that was doing a lunar update. Looking at what it wanted to
update versus what's outlined, there is no particular order things are
updated. For example, kernel-headers was at the bottom of the list. Yes, I
know lunar update is not really capable of sorting that type of thing out.
It's just a note.

I see udev is not installed with the base system. Are there plans to make this
the default instead of devfs?

To get a warm fuzzy I tried to ping the NIC before updating anything. Ping is
not installed. I would think such a basic network tool be included by
default.

Well, that's it for now. If you want these items reported as bugs,
enhancements, etc, just holler.