mppe support

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Thu Jul 1 23:37:30 GMT 2004

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. After taking a
look, I see that indeed ppp is patched for mppe/mppc. However,
the pptp module is a pptp client, not server. To run a pptp
server requires the pptpd daemon and an mppe/mppc patch to the
kernel. Also, ppp module should have the pppd-2.4.2-chapms-strip-
domain.patch applied to pppd for running a pptp server.

--Richard