fglrx, 3d acceleration with 2.6.7

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Jul 1 15:23:59 GMT 2004

Hi!

Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> Julius Donnert wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > i got problems with the dri loading in x11. as i got an ati M10
> > graphic  adapter I installed fglrx package and with the trick posted
> > here some  days ago i was able to build and load the kernel module.
> > But still 3d  acc. is not working, though

> (WW) Warning, couldn't open module dri
>
> looks like the xorg DRI driver (some .so object) isn't available. Are you using the 'fglrx' module?
 if so then that should have installed
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so and
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o. I don't know however if
that's the appropriate driver for your card.

It is the appropriate driver. M10 is an internal model number. Mine is
M10 (or possibly M11, not sure) too. I have accel working with XOrg and
kernel 2.6.7, seems like a very similar machine to mine.

What did it say when you lined fglrx? Obviously the driver is missing
somehow.
What does "lvu compile fglrx" show? (the compile log) Or "lvu install
fglrx"? (install log)

regards, Göran