Problems with DVD Playback

Carl R. Powers powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil
Sat Jan 24 01:31:53 GMT 2004

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try disabling sound to see if that
helps also.

Things are already looking a lot better.  MTRR was enabled but DMA
for the CD/DVD drives was disabled.  Recompiling the kernel with DMA
support enabled made totem, xine, and gxine a lot smoother, but there is
still room for improvement.

Carl R. Powers
<powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil><powers at copper.net>