unexplainable freezes

Yoav Avitzour avitzour at Princeton.EDU
Fri Jan 9 14:23:29 GMT 2004

Hi,

Since the last lunar update (which upgraded the kernel and NVIDIA) my
system freezes unexpectedly on different occasions, and the only thing I
can do is reboot. It seems to be mainly related to xscreensaver (that
is, I never see it freeze, it only freezes after I leave it alone for a
while, and xscreensaver is running). I searched the logs and I couldn't
find any indication as to what is causing this.

Has anyone been experiencing this ? Soes anybody have any suggestions as
to where I should look for clues as to what is causing this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yoav

(btw - I am using pentium 4, and as far as I know the problems with the
new NVIDIA drivers are associated with Athlons...)