ssh problems

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Sun Feb 29 07:59:24 GMT 2004

On Sunday 29 February 2004 07:55 am, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> Mandrake Cooker box - openssh-3.6.1p2-12mdk
> 2 Lunar boxes - openssh 3.8p1
>
> Mandrake box cannot ssh to either lunar box. It asks for password, enter it
> and then it just sits there. Cannot kill it. Have to kill the process at
> the lunar box. However, sftp to a lunar box works just fine.
>
> Lunar box can ssh to Mandrake box fine, no problems at all. sftp also works
> just fine.
>
> Tried relin of openssh, creating new keys, no worky.
>
> kernel 2.6.3-mm4.

Pardon the Emily Post.

Forgot to mention neither lunar box can ssh to either lunar box. Same symptoms
when trying to ssh to lunar box from Mandrake box.
--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."