weekly news - 20040227

maintainer at lunar-linux.org maintainer at lunar-linux.org
Fri Feb 27 11:58:36 GMT 2004

Hi!

Here's the latest weekly news edition!

Meanwhile this weekly message will contain two parts. One part is personal
input by developers (you are reading that now), and the other part will show
you how the moonbase roughly changed over the last week. Most importantly,
you will see new modules higlighted, and which versions have changed over
the last week. This second part is completely automated, and will always
appear.

I hope everyone will appreciate these weekly updates, and I encourage
everyone to comment/and or suggest stuff. I will gladly add user comments
to this weekly e-mail. I hope you all enjoy these weeklies.

Some more serious news: 2.6 testing is underway, nestu informs all of you
that there now is a special kernel-headers-2.6 module for all of you
having compile problems with 2.6 kernels.

Meanwhile gcc-3.3.3 testing is becoming promising, we're working towards
a new ISO once we get all the broken apps (that matter) to work with this
version of gcc. It will certainly make things a bit easier for us.

meanwhile in #lunar:

<Striker> *shrug* i'm working on 4 new modules
<nestu> is /usr/include wiped in glibc install ?
<Striker> my aunt has a cat named Patience
<-- bkw-laptop has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)
<nadav-> Grah. I changed webmin to hebrew just to see if it works, now it won't change back

/sofar

New modules:
  bookcase-0.8.4 : A collection keeping track program for KDE
  ctorrent-1.3.2 : A tiny but neat bittorrent client
  id3lib-3.8.3 : MP3 ID3v1 & ID3v2 libs
  kdevmon-0.4.6 : Kdevmon is a utility for KDE that monitors the throughput of a network device.
  kdirstat-2.4.0 : KDirStat - graphical directory statistics for KDE.
  kernel-headers-2.6-2.6.2.0 : A set of specially patched 2.6 kernel headers
  kexchange-1.0 : Currency Converter for KDE
  lam-7.0.4 : an implementation of Message Passing Interface (MPI).
  OOodi2-0.67 : A dictionary installer for OpenOffice
  partimage-0.6.4 : Create smaller images of entire partitions
  SilverCity-0.9.5 : SilverCity is a lexing package
  submount-0.8 : Automatically mounts and unmounts removable media devices.
  wv2-0.2.1 : wv2 is a library for convering Microsoft Word formats to HTML
  xmms-shell-0.99.3 : XMMS-Shell provides a simple command line interface for controlling XMMS.

Removed modules:
  gqview-devel
  mp3kult3
  pixieplus

New versions:
  alevt: 1.6.0 -> 1.6.1
  apollon: 0.9.1 -> 0.9.2
  attr: 2.4.13 -> 2.4.14
  calc: 2.11.8.1 -> 2.11.9.3
  conglomerate: 0.7.11 -> 0.7.12
  DBI: 1.20 -> 1.41
  dcgui-qt: 0.2.20 -> 0.2.21
  dclib: 0.2.20 -> 0.2.21
  elmo-cvs: 1.0.x -> 1.1.x
  fasm: 1.50 -> 1.51
  gkrellm2: 2.1.25 -> 2.1.26
  gnumeric: 1.2.2 -> 1.2.6
  gqview: 1.2.2 -> 1.4.0
  gtk-doc: 1.2 -> 1.1
  k3b: 0.11.4 -> 0.11.5
  kbear: 2.1 -> 2.1.1
  kkeyled: 0.8.6 -> 0.8.9
  leafnode: 1.9.46.rel -> 1.9.50.rel
  libsndfile: 1.0.6 -> 1.0.7
  libxml++: 0.27.0 -> 1.0.2
  libxml2: 2.6.6 -> 2.6.7
  libxslt: 1.1.3 -> 1.1.4
  linux-beta-mm: 2.6.3-rc3-mm1 -> 2.6.3-mm4
  linux-stable: 2.4.24 -> 2.4.25
  linux-vanilla: 2.4.24 -> 2.4.25
  lyx: 1.3.3 -> 1.3.4
  madplay: 0.15.1b -> 0.15.2b