PHP & Sablot linking troubles

Chad R. Kittel vertigo at wi.rr.com
Sun Feb 8 21:51:34 GMT 2004

Hendrik Visage wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>  for some or other reason I still needs the following in
> php/BUILD:
>
>  35   LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ \
>  36   make                                       &&
>
> Else I fails at the Sablot stuff :(

I don't know if this is related (probably not directly,
but I have already hit reply...), anyhow last night I was
doing a mysql + php + apache2 install.  When I got
to php, I had a hell of a time with varrious issues.
I tried to enable aspell, even with exhasutive mirrors
it came up empty handed on finding the file.  I tried
to enable pdflib... 4.0.3 isn't found anywhere, but
the website says it has 5.0.3 (was it a typo in our
DETAILS?).  gd was failing on me, borked compile with
syntax errors.  Anyhow, what made me specifically reply
to this was the Sablot issue.  I didn't have the issue
that Hendrik did, but I enabled Sablot, which has a
require depends on expat.  So it added expat (which
at point in time wasn't installed on the system yet.
Then PHP added expat as a required depends.  Anyhow,
when it got down in the install queue to Sablot it had
not yet installed expat.  I don't know if the logic
behind depend sorting is working correctly, because
expat should have bubbled it's way up the list above
Sablot, not after it.

Oh, and I just tried shfs, that just rocks.  It's my new
favorite modual. *wonders if it will work in 2.6*

- Chad K (v3rt1g0)