New Mirrors, bittorrentz

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue Feb 3 23:47:05 GMT 2004

Hi folks,

we've seen quite the bandwith usage in the last couple of months increase,
especially since the ISO's get downloaded a lot, and, fortunately, we are
able to offer more bandwidth to whomever wants to download.

Two more devs/near-devs have offered a full mirror site with lots of
bandwidth. These two mirrors will server a full set of downloads (iso,
moonbase, cache etc) and hopefully will provide us with the needed
bandwidth needs.

Thanks to Moe and Bkw!

The new servers are currently being tested at moe.spline.de and
alpha.lindesign.se. They will get proper DNS names (de. and se.) as soon
as we're confident with their setups.

We're now also focussing on distributing the ISO over bittorrent, which
will often outperform any of the mirrors, and everyone who likes to help
out is invited to point their bittorrent clients to the tracker/.torrent
and help out serving the ISO. Check the website for more info.

sofar