sha1sum verification of source files

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Aug 27 08:23:35 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I just added sha1sum verification code of source files to theedge, and
hope to merge it within lunar soonish. Please note that:

- you can use sha1: and md5: together, apart, only one, none or whatever
you like
- the old core code gracefully ignores sha1: syntax if it doesn't have
the code to handle it.
- proof-of-concept/test case is ccache/DETAILS, please take a look at it
if you wonder how to use the sha1: syntax

happy verifying!

PS most likely devs will start using the sha1: code more often and
obsolete md5sum verification in the future, perhaps even better hashes
will arise. It is unknown how fast we will fully adopt sha1 in favour of
md5 at the moment. (I bet noprox can write a damn nice script that
replaces md5: with proper sha1: lines... in about 15 minutes)

sofar