How To Report Bugs Properly

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sat Aug 21 20:13:12 GMT 2004

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

In the last period there have been a lot of reports of problems reported
on the mailinglist. This is nice since everyone sees the problems
incoming and people can exchange opinions about these problems.

However, these ML posts make it very hard for the developers to track
what is going on and who is taking care of what problem, or do some form
of tracking and filing of these problems. All in all everyone can relate
that bugs that are not filed in our tracker have a tendency to show up
later again before they are taken care of.

Therefore I URGE EVERYONE that in some way or another thinks they have
found a bug to FILE IT IN THE BUG TRACKER. Last week I counted at least
15 e-mails on the mailinglist of which some were only 1 line long that
should have been filed in the Bug tracker. I can assure you that in the
bug tracker we will not forget them, but in the ML they
will(unwillingly) be forgotten.

Also I urge everyone that has located (and reported) a bug or serious
problem in the last 3/4 weeks and reported it in the ML to Please File
It Again as a bug (please take a little time to do so!). Not only does
it help you to fill in the details but it helps us also since we can act
better upon properly filed bugs!

To file bugs, visit:

    http://lunar-linux.org/report

To view open or recently changed bugs: