gettext failing build

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Sat Aug 21 13:54:09 GMT 2004

On Saturday 21 August 2004 09:28 am, Terry Chan wrote:
> Your lunar box does not seem to be in a very healthly state with all your
> recent failures.
>
> I just downloaded gettext-0.14.1, less than five minutes ago and recompiled
> it with absolutely no problems.  automake-1.9.1 is installed and that
> provides the correct versions of /usr/bin/aclocal and /usr/bin/aclocal-1.9
>
> I can not duplicate your bug report.
>
> Terry Chan

I am beginning to think the same thing. Though I've no idea what I might have
done to cause this. Well, it is running 2.6.8.1 with the 2.6.8.1 kernel
headers. I then relined gcc, etc in accordance with 2.6 kernel write up on
the website. Before starting that I did add fomit-frame-pointer as an
optimization. Though not sure that at O2 would have this sort of an effect.

Guess I'll retry without the frame pointers.