samba 3.0.5 or 3.0.6

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Aug 20 21:14:20 GMT 2004

Anyone having a problem installing this? The following applies for either
version;

1. During the configure the BUILD fails with

error: --with-pam specified but no PAM headers found

Oddy I do not recall installing PAM or asking samba to use PAM, so I lined
Linux-PAM to no avail.

2. Right after checking the realpath function ./configure has a non-fatal
error;

./configure: line 22652: A: command not found

3. At the beginning when checking for dependencies there are two errors about
command not found, the following is listed twice;

/etc/lunar/local/depends/samba: line 1: netbios-ssn: command not found.

The contents of that file are;

SERVICES=swat netbios-ssn netbios-ns
INITDSCRIPTS-nmbd smbd