installing lyx

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Fri Aug 20 16:43:33 GMT 2004

Greetings all,

(as a side note, I've been using various linux distros since slakware
on 5 1/4" floppies, and IMHO, Lunar rocks!)

onto the issue....

I did the normal "lin lyx"

and the install fails on xforms-1.0, trying to compile
unshared/glcanvas.o - it can't find GL/glx.h or GL/gl.h from glcanvas.o

However, does lyx really need xforms at all if you are using qt3? I
don't think it does, and the config asks if you want to qt3, but
doesn't give a choice about xforms....

On another note, what is the preferred method for keeping moonbase up
to date? Is there an automated way to have it rebuild installed
software if versions are incremented?

thanks for all this great work, I've never seen a more up to date
distro!

Brian