openssh fails build

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Thu Aug 19 15:59:13 GMT 2004

On Thursday 19 August 2004 04:35 am, Auke Kok wrote:
> >Dennis, I've seen this too, and it was mostly related to some assumptions
> > made by the module writer. This is especially true when updating an
> > oldish ssh etc.
>
> okay I just got a confirm from nestu and it's pissing me off. Can anyone
> that consequently has this bug do the following:
>
> - replace the top line of /sbin/lin as follows:
>
> -#!/bin/bash
> +#!/bin/bash -x
>
> - run 'lin -cdv openssh > openssh.log 2>&1' or some other way to capture
> the output
>
> - make sure it gives the error
>
> - send me the output
>
> sofar

AFAICT for me it only happens when upgrading openssh, though not everytime.
Now if I relin openssh on the same box that had the error it does not happen
again. It also doesn't seem to matter if it's on a fresh install or one
that's been in use for a long time. I kick myself for not saving the compile
log.