Problem with gnome-audio?

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Mon Apr 26 08:53:08 GMT 2004

Chris wrote:

> Steven Allen wrote:
>
>>  --- Chris <sums3l at yahoo.de> wrote: > Steven Allen

>>> /share/sounds/

>>> and

>>> appreciated.

>>> Try to logout and login again to make sure
>>> gnome-config is in your PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
>>>
>>> hth
>>> Chris
>>

>> Tried but does not work. There is no mention of
>> gnome-config in my /usr/lib/pkgconfig directory.
>> Should there be?
>>
>> As root echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH gives
>> :/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig
>>
>> Thanks for the try.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> Steve,
>
> try "lvu from gnome-config".
> Add the path to gnome-config to your $PKG_CONFIG_PATH or your $PATH (I
> don't know if it is a script or a pkg-file).
> If you do not have gnome-config then imo something went wrong during
> your gnome insallation.
> Unfortunately I don't have gnome installed so I can't help you much
> further.
>
> hth,
> Chris

I just fixed this in moonbase cvs, it should be ready at the top of the
hour if you can wait till then.  I dont know how this got changed or
anything, kind of weird if you ask me.  Anyway just for your information
gnome-config comes from the older gnome-core module for gnome 1.4.x
series.  I patched the Makefile and it will install to the correct
location now.  Let me know if you have more trouble with this.

nick