Problem with gnome-audio?

Steven Allen nowhcreek at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 26 08:57:09 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have just done a new install of gnome 2.6 with lin
gnome2 and all modules installed. This box did  not
previously have gnome installed. I am trying to
install gnome-audio to get the standard wav files. The
compiler output looks like this:

make -C sounds install
make[1]: gnome-config: Command not found
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/gnome-audio-2.0.0/sounds'
make[1]: gnome-config: Command not found
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/gnome-audio-2.0.0/sounds'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/gnome-audio-2.0.0/sounds'
for I in *.wav */*.wav ; do \
        mkdir -p /share/sounds/`dirname $I`; \
        install -c -m 444  $I /share/sounds/$I; \
done
make[1]: gnome-config: Command not found
make[1]: gnome-config: Command not found
ln -sf startup3.wav /share/sounds/login.wav
ln -sf shutdown1.wav /share/sounds/logout.wav
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/gnome-audio-2.0.0/sounds'

I end up with the files installed in /share/sounds/
which doesn't seem right.

The compile seems to be looking for gnome-config, and
I find the following on my system:

/usr/include/libgnome-2.0/libgnome/gnome-config.h

Is the above a problem? If so any ideas appreciated.

Regards

Steve

http://au.movies.yahoo.com