evolution mail troubles

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Fri Apr 16 07:26:36 GMT 2004

Greetings,

	This is just a informative email about the module evolution.  As of now
the module evolution will build but it will not run giving out a error
message of:

(evolution:31992): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_valist:
construct property "type" for object `ESplash' can't be set after
construction
evolution: relocation
error: /usr/lib/evolution/1.4/components/libevolution-addressbook.so:
undefined symbol: e_book_get_config_database

I think its a problem with the newer gtk+-2 stuff.  Please if you want
to use or compile evolution, please use the newer evolution-beta module
for now.  Someone the other night found a fix for evolution in the
debian bugzill list.  Unfortunatly the fix didnt work for him, so right
now we are in limbo.  I will comb through the evolution bugzilla today
and tonight to see if I find anything, if not I will report the problem
to them.

Thanks

Nick