dependency hell

Carl R. Powers powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil
Thu Apr 15 13:18:53 GMT 2004

Nick,

Looking at the error trying to compile glibmm without doxygen,
I would guess that the package author actually used doxygen in
creating or installing the package documentation.   Maybe he's into
desktop publishing.  That said, it still is a poor choice for millions of
users when that is the only package I've encountered  outside of
desktop publishing which mandates it's use.  If I'm right, it's not
a bug, just a lousy choice.

Carl Powers
<powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil>