gimp-2.0.1 fails to compile

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Thu Apr 15 13:58:59 GMT 2004

Eric Sandall wrote:

>Quoting Nick Hudson <nhudson at lunar-linux.org>:
>

>>I think that is basically what I said yesterday, but let me try to recap
>>here.  He originally said that gimp would not compile.  I asked him to
>>drop to -O2 for that module's compile only and see if that fixed it.  He
>>came back and said that it did compile after he changed it.  Next I said
>>ok great I will change the module to compile in -O2 if -O3 is present in
>>the CFLAGS.  He said no dont do that because he compiled it with -O3.
>>
>>So He contradicted himself in saying that he compiled in -O2 just fine
>>then said no he compiled in -O3.  So I am confused.  Anyway personally I
>>never use -O3 because of the risks involved with something like this.  I
>>will fix the module to change down to -O2 if -O3 is present only.  And
>>this goes for only the gimp module just to be clear.
>>
>>Nick
>>

>Mike Mandel said that downgrading to -O2 fixed his problem. He's using the old
>gtk+2 (gtk+ 2.2).
>Chad Kittel said that his works fine at -O3. I believe he's using the new gtk+2
>(gtk+ 2.4), but he hasn't responded to that yet.
>
>So based on that info I was saying that the gimp module should only downgrade
>CFLAGS to -O2 if -O3 is present /if/ gtk+2 is less than v2.4, that way those
>with an updated system (assuming that Chad has the new gtk+2) can use -O3.
>
>-sandalle

Ahh ok my mistake got the users mixed up there.  Well I wont put
anything in the module then because the supported version of gtk is
2.4.0, so if anyone has a problem upgrading gimp or any other gtk app
and still has the 2.2 version installed then they might want to update
their moonbase 1st before trying to go into any detail.

Nick