gimp-2.0.1 fails to compile

Eric Sandall eric at sandall.us
Thu Apr 15 10:23:23 GMT 2004

Quoting Chad Kittel <vertigo at wi.rr.com>:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2004 19:26, Nick Hudson <nhudson at lunar-linux.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 19:13 -0500, Chad Kittel wrote:
> > >
> > > Please do not, I have it compiling fine with -O3
> >
> > I am talking about just with this particular module
> Me, too.  -O3 worked just fine for this module for me... as I said before "I
>
> have it compiling fine with -O3".  But if you wanna lean on the safe side, I
>
> won't argue anymore as I already have mine compiled/installed -O3 ;)

It sounds as though gimp only needs to use -O2 or less if someone is using
gtk+2.2 instead of gtk+2.4. Chad, do you have gtk+2.4? If so, that would seem
to bear this theory out, and if that's so then CFLAGS would only need to be
"downgraded" to -O2 (if -O3 is in there) when gtk+2 < 2.4.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint:  FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91  FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61

Eric Sandall                     |  Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
eric at sandall.us                  |  http://www.sourcemage.org/
http://eric.sandall.us/          |  SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU
http://counter.li.org/  #196285  |  http://www.shock.wsu.edu/