connection-speed throttled?

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Sun Apr 11 17:20:46 GMT 2004

Op Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:54:39 +0200 schreef Auke Kok aan lunar at lunar-linux.org:

> > [remco at ws1 remco]$ wget http://nl.lunar-linux.org/lunar/lunar-1.4.0.iso.bz2
> you should have told me you were not downloading from the main site but
> from the nl mirror
> the nl.lunar-linux.org mirror sits on a 128kbit/sec outgoing line and is

Ah, right! Well, that did put me on the wrong track then! Sorry!
I thought I found at least a beginning of the solution.

My guess now is that it's probably a hardware thing than.

Anybody else here using a via-rhine NIC with kernel 2.4.25?

I'll do some deductive componentswitching the day after tomorrow.

Thanx 2 all of u trying to think with me!

Remco

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)
| Linux kernel 2.4.25 | Lunar 1.4.0 | XFce 4.0.4 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |